Location: Pasadena, CA HQ or Remote within USA
Please note: This position may work on projects related to the Department of Defense. You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship with the ability to obtain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required by the DoD for security clearance.
Our fast-growing AI/ML team is looking for a highly-motivated Data Scientist with machine learning and Python experience to work on predictive maintenance (PMX) solutions using Virtualitics platforms. You will be responsible for prototyping and developing machine learning solutions for our customers. You will not only be helping sell our groundbreaking technology, but be a part of building a truly great company and culture.
- Build innovative data analytics and machine learning pipelines using VIP and Virtualitics Predict!
- Become an expert in predictive maintenance (PMX) and/or other fields and be able to attend conferences and assess competitive products.
- Meet with domain experts and present to stakeholders regularly.
- Degree in Computer Science/EE/Applied Math/Statistics.
- 2-3 years of professional working experience in Python data science stack: numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow/pytorch, pyspark, dask, matplotlib, seaborn, bokeh, etc.
- Experience with the full Machine Learning lifecycle (inception to production).
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL or other database systems (elasticsearch, graph databases, etc.).
- Experience with Git (or an alternative version control tool).
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability; eagerness to learn skills as needed by business focus.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable with public speaking and presenting to executives
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required by the DoD for security clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with predictive maintenance, digital signals processing, or similar.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) or Computational Linguistics.
- Experience working with time series/temporal ML problems.
- Experience with competitor technologies.
- Experience working with big data and big data processing frameworks (e.g. Dask, Spark)
- Experience with technologies like task schedulers (e.g. Celery) and web-app development stacks (e.g. Flask/Django).
- Professional experience building production software.
- Available to work on site (Los Angeles).
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- 100% employer paid health benefit premiums (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off for National Holidays
- Stock options at sign-on
- 401k plan
- $1000 annual learning stipend (for professional development)
- Company equipment (Laptop computer, monitor, iPhone, etc.)
- Remote work from home
Virtualitics is an augmented analytics company that helps our clients expand access to complex data to make their work more visual, collaborative, and actionable. Our powerful suite of augmented analytical tools allows our clients to harness the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and multidimensional visualizations to elevate their unstructured data analysis in a no-code environment and communicate their findings in ways that are instantly understood across their entire organization.
Our patented technology is based on over 11 years of research at the California Institute of Technology and NASA/JPL and supported by a talented team of data scientists, designers, and engineers with several hundred publications in the field of artificial intelligence and data visualization. We have office space in Pasadena, CA, but are also open to fully remote candidates.
Virtualitics is committed to building a company where every individual can bring their full impact and reach their fullest potential. Our mission is to build a diverse and inclusive environment where talented people of all cultures, ages, perspectives, opinions, education, backgrounds, races, gender identity, religions, orientations, abilities, and beliefs can grow and thrive with Virtualitics.
Check us out at https://virtualitics.com/careers